Bread Homemade in an Hour
Completely homemade with no machine and no fuss and muss?
Do it. Do it now!
Homemade Bread in 1 Hour!
1 Hour Bread
Author: The Squishy Monster
- 5¼ cups of bread flour
- 3 tb sugar, honey, or agave
- 1½ ts salt
- 1½ rounded tb of instant saf yeast
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 1½ tb canola oil
- In your first bowl, sift in your flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In your second bowl, combine your oil and water.
- Using your stand mixer, fitted with its hook attachment, spoon in half your dry mixture. Turn it on.
- Slowly drizzle in half your wet mixture. Repeat.
- Allow your machine to knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- When it’s ready, spray (or oil) your work surface with cooking spray/oil.
- Dump out your dough and hand knead it for a bit until it’s even smoother and elastic.
- Divide your lump into two loaves and roughy shape it either into a log or disc.
- It’s important to score the tops (dip a sharp knife into water and drag an “X” over the top of each loaf).
- Cover loosely with a kitchen towel, place them in a non-drafty area and allow them to rise for 25 minutes.
- After they’ve risen, pop into a 350 oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
- When they’re done, brush on some butter and enjoy with my 5 minute raspberry jam.