What can you do in 5 minutes?
You can get into trouble. You can dance a little jig. (what’s a jig anyways)? You can check your facebook. You can make funny faces in the mirror.
You can toast some damn bread for this awesome Jam LAZY! =D
- 12 oz of Fresh Raspberries
- ½ ts Lemon Juice
- 1½ cup Sugar
- Strange as it sounds, microwave your Sugar for about a minute or so.
- In a heavy bottomed Pot, tumble in your Raspberries and set the heat on low.
- Gently press the Berries with a Masher to begin to release some of its juices.
- Bump up the heat to Medium and your Berries will begin to softly burst.
- Slowly sprinkle in your Sugar. Stir. Don’t allow the Sugar to crystallize on the sides of your Pot.
- After all the Sugar is dissolved, bump up your heat to Medium-High and dribble in your Lemon. Allow it to bubble for a few more minutes.
- Your Jam is ready when it’s reduced a bit and when you dip a spoon into it, it nicely coats the back of your spoon. (Also, keep in mind that the Jam will thicken even further as it cools).
- Store in sterilized Jars. Mine kept for a Month and a half.
If you don’t have bread, you can dip your finger when it’s cool and eat it that way until it’s all gone. (I kid)