The Ultimate Mashup
>I got a message from a fellow youtuber/sub the other day expressing his thoughts on how difficult he found Korean Cuisine to be. We chatted and his message stayed with me for the next 2 days. The other day, I came home for a quick bite, wanting to prepare myself Kimchi Fried Rice. I wasn’t even going to do a video on it. It seemed silly really. Did people really want to see me mash up Rice/Kimchi together? I did it anyways. I got a wonderful thank you –but no, THANK YOU!
Scared of Korean Cuisine? Think it’s too complicated? Give this a whirl my friends! Under 5 ingredients, 10 minutes (and most of the ingredients are optional)! Oh, and Kimchi is said to have wonderful health benefits. My mama used to tell me that it prevents Cancer (she also used to tell me the Bogey man was coming to take me away if I didn’t eat all my food) LOLOL.
*If you omit the Bacon, Butter, and sub with Whole Grain Rice or Brown/Basamati Rice, this will be even healthier for you. But why in the world would you want to not include Bacon and Butter?! Hmm?? Hmmmmmm?? =D
- 5 slices of Bacon
- 1 c of deeply fermented Kimchi
- 2 c cooked Rice
- 2 Eggs
- Crisp up your Bacon. That rendered Fat will be valuable to this dish.
- Add your Kimchi to the pan and soften it.
- Drizzle in some Sesame, Olive Oil or a tab of Butter.
- Introduce your Rice into the pan and break it up and work it into the Kimchi/Bacon mixture.
- Move over your Fried Rice and scramble your Eggs. Salt and Pepper. Incorporate it into the Fried Rice.
- Pepper the entire dish. Sprinkle with Green Onions or Sesame Seeds and serve with Fresh Kimchi and a hot, clear Soup.