Squid Stir Fry 오징어 볶음
This is my absolute favorite way to eat squid. It’s what I remember dad eating for dinner–heck, breakfast and lunch too (who am I kidding)?
It’s something so familiar to me that it long ago lost its novelty. This version is the way I grew up eating it. It’s my number one contender to the oh-so-familiar fried variety.
My personal belief is that this is best served super spicy & super garlicky. I am certain I am the minority on that 🙂
- Thawed whole squid
- medium yellow onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 ts of sesame oil
- 3 tb of red pepper paste (gochugaru)
- 2 ts of sugar, honey, or agave
- S & P to taste
- Refer to my video to see how to clean, skin, and prepare your squid.
- Glaze your pan with sesame oil and toss in your onions and garlic.
- Slide in your squid.
- Spoon in your paste.
- Stir to combine.
- Drizzle in your sweetener, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.