Or at least it can in this case.
I feel like almost everyone I know thoroughly enjoys when the climate outside starts dipping lower and lower then encourages ice glazed windshields or barren, skeletal trees that look as if they might slash you with their knobbly limbs. Sure there’s a certain appeal to a white winter wonderland…the part that conjures up peppermint kissed candies or pastries and pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that, but for the whole, I’m just gonna go ahead and put it out there that I do not like winter one bit. My favorite season is autumn and even then, I wouldn’t dare give up my flip flops for anything. I’m a flip flops and tank top kinda gal. Winter, in my head, looks like Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road.” For those rough winter days, it’s nice to take solace in a refreshing treat that reminds you that those scorching sexy summer nights aren’t too far off.
- 10-12 lemons (reserve some to garnish and obtain the peel of one)
- 2 c sugar + 2 c Water + Lemon Peel
- 3 tb dried lavender flowers + 3 c water
- Prepare your simple syrup, first. It needs time to cool. It’s just a matter of dissolving your sugar on low heat. Allow it to sit with its peel and set it aside.
- In a separate pot, steep your lavender flowers for about 10 min or so.
- Combine the syrup and “tea.” Stir and allow it to mingle.
- Squeeze the juice of your lemons.
- Combine all your liquids together. Stir. Chill. Enjoy.
Day dreaming about a summer oasis,
Your cold Squishy Monster