My favorite thing to recreate for ordinary weekday meals are what I call “miniature Thanksgiving dinners.”
The star: a whole roasted bird + buttery and yeasty rolls, sautéed green beans or asparagus, macaroni dripping a sinful mixture of different cheeses, and creamy garlic mashed potatoes, a fabulous concept indeed!!
Thanksgiving happens to be my very favorite holiday. More so than Christmas…insane, I know. In my household, unlike others, we don’t actually gather to formally engage in a Christmas dinner. There are many Christmas nights that have seen a naked table featuring a bubbling Korean soup, rice and kimchi, but that’s all. Thanksgiving is when we get the whole she-bang. As much as I’m obsessed with food, did you figure any other holiday could hold such a soft spot in this girls heart? Thanksgiving is where it’s at! That, and all the wonderful pumpkin-ish babies begin tumbling out, also coinciding with my favorite season, autumn…it’s my little version of utopia!!!!
- Chicken (any lb)
- 2 ts dried thyme
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 head garlic
- Liberal amount of oil
- S & P to taste
- Kitchen twine
- Generously oil/butter your bird.
- Massage in all the herbs and seasonings. Work it under the skin, all around and inside.
- Stuff the cavity with your citrus, garlic, and throw in a bit more salt, pepper, and thyme for good measure.
- Truss your bird (refer to video).
- Elevate it on a rack or on a bed of chopped veggies.
- Bake at 350 until the internal temperature reaches 165.
(or at least the next mini Thanksgiving dinner) ^.^
Your Squishy Monster =D