Almond Tea Cakes
As mother’s day fast approaches, so many memories that me and mama made flash through my head like an automatic rolodex. I am so incredibly lucky to have her in my life. She is my perfect example of love.
19 years old and so much swag
I hope that everyone has a fabulous Mother’s Day (and happy mother’s day to all the mama’s)!
I leave you with a taste of our tradition:
- 2½ c flour
- 1½ ts baking powder
- 1 ts salt
- 1 stick soft, unsalted butter
- 1½ c white granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ¼ c almond paste (canned/store bought or homemade)
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 tb almond extract
- 12 oz room temperature full fat ricotta
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Flaked almonds for garnish
- 1 c blanched almonds (skinned)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- ⅛ ts fine salt
- Cream together your butter, sugars, and paste.
- Blend in one egg at a time.
- Tip in your extract.
- Spoon in your ricotta. Blend.
- In three additions, incorporate your dry bowl with your wet bowl. Don’t over mix.
- Scoop out miniature balls of dough and press flaked almonds on top.
- Bake at 350 for 7-11 minutes (again, these are for mini scoops).
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.
- Whisk together powdered sugar + almond extract (tip in just a couple drops in at a time) for a thick “glaze/icing” consistency. A little extract goes a long way.
- Utilize your processor and blitz your almonds until they’re powdered. Add in your powdered sugar, egg white and salt. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a month.
Reminiscent of mommy and me tea parties, happy (early) mother’s day y’all!
Your Blessed Squishy Monster