Daintily petite and perfectly golden brown, these make you feel gigantic (or no, is that just me)?
I don’t know about you, but I love tiny things. When I’m not so bashful, I may just very well share my collection of teeny-tiny things with y’all, but for the moment, the very thought makes me feel silly and not very “grown up like.”
My friend and I were going for a walk the other day and upon approaching this soft looking hill fuzzed over with lush green grass, I thought to myself how nice and fun it would be to roll down the hill, like we were children again. Needless to say, before I even finished the sentence, my friend laughed about it and we walked on. *sigh* It’s like the older you get, the more and more magic seems to dissipate so rapidly until you can’t even remember what “magic” means. There’s magic in pretending to be a pirate or a fairy princess…there’s even magic in rolling down the hill just to experience the closeness of the earth to you and the clean fun of doing something as ordinary as just rolling.
Madeleine’s remind me of all the tea party’s that I never had. They’re plump and gorgeous, so ridiculously easy to make but sure to make your little ones happy–happier, still if you dip them in chocolate
- 3 room temperature eggs
- ½ c cooled, melted unsalted butter
- ⅓ c vanilla sugar (or plain, granulated)
- ⅓ c honey + zest of 1 orange
- 1 ts quality almond or vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
- ½ ts baking powder
- ⅛ ts fine salt
- Blend all of your wet ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together your dry ingredients.
- Slowly fuse your two bowls together in 3, separate additions.
- Allow your batter to rest for 2-3 minutes. In a well greased/buttered/floured scalloped Madeleine pan, drop in your batter, taking care not to overfill (as these will swell).
- For my miniature pan, I baked them at 375 for 6-8 minutes. Increase this by 3-4 minutes when using a larger/standard Madeleine pan.
I thought about it and decided that to encourage the happiest of children, these should be served however which way, but at a grand ole’ tea party…
and invite me!
your waiting patiently for an invitation,
Squishy Monster ^.^