Chocolate Ganache Caramel Pie
I’m still waiting for it, but chocolate ganache and caramel fell in love at first sight, got together and decided to live in a pie crust. They were so in love, they didn’t even bother to wait. They eloped to somewhere delicious and have lived in their scrumptious little abode ever since. *sigh* Until then, I’ll just snuggle up with a slice and hope that their yummy love/luck rubs off on me too.
You know how some things just go together, like milk and cookies or rice and kimchi?…or me and an economy size box of oreos forever and ever because I’ll never find him hahahaha.
Jokes aside, I highly recommend sharing this pie. I’ve been known to consume an entire pumpkin pie by myself but I don’t even think I could finish this alone.
- 1½ c crushed chocolate cookies
- 6 tb melted butter
- ¾ c heavy cream
- 1½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ts honey
- 1 ts espresso powder
- ½ c brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- ¼ c unsalted butter
- ¼ c heavy cream
- 1 ts vanilla
- Fleur de Sel is very nice
- Drizzle your melted butter over your crushed cookies and press onto the bottom of a pie/tart pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a sauce pan, heat your heavy cream. Turn off your heat and melt in your chocolate chips, honey, and espresso.
- In a separate pot, slowly melt all of your caramel ingredients on low until it reaches 234 with a candy thermometer.
- Layer your ganache and caramel into your prepared (and cooled) crust. Sprinkle fleur de sel on top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Love at first bite,
Your Squishy Monster
I’m leaving for Toronto tomorrow!