Chocolate Berry Mascarpone Tart
Oh yes, you done heard right. Mix it all together, and what do you have? A fat slice of chilled mascarpone cream with a cookies and cream crust, studded with lots of fat and gorgeous berries (and pssst, go crazy with the ganache drizzle)! 😉
- 25 crushed oreo cookies
- ½ stick melted butter
- 8 oz room temperature mascarpone cheese
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- ¼ c agave
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 3 tb powdered sugar
- 2 ts almond extract (or vanilla)
- Lemon zest
- Optional: melted chocolate or ganache
- Combine your cookie crumbs with your butter and press down into your pie/tart pan.
- Spoon your softened, room temperature cheese into a bowl and beat it with your vanilla and agave. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip up your cream, sugar, extract, and lemon until it reaches stiff peaks. Using a whisk attachment and building up your speed helps. Additionally, whipping it up when it's cold is easier.
- Fold in your whipped cream to your cheese mixture. Dollop this mixture into your prepared crust.
- Dot with lots of fresh berries on top and drizzle with chocolate. Chill for at least 4-6 hours before serving.
I envision that this might be a fabulous addition to a mid-week meal…something bright and summery to look forward to perk you right up on, let’s say, a Wednesday. Wednesdays are funny because you’re so close to the weekend, you can almost taste it but yet, you can’t celebrate it just yet *face palm* You quickly realize you’ve got two more freaking days left.
Make this tonight, pop it into the fridge and your belly may want to write me a thank you card tomorrow.
So, grab a glass of red and dig in, my friend! To hell with Wednesdays!
Your weekend enthusiast friend,
The Squishy Monster 😉