Korean Food, Baking, DIY's & So Much More!

Yesterday was a particularly special day because I got to see my cousin I never get to see.  He’s a “big boy” now, 7 years old and fiercely independent but he’ll still ask you to play hide and seek with him, pleading with his shining eyes, making you forget all about your laundry list of errands.

It’s as if the universe sent me a present to alleviate me of my thoughts, even if for a little while.  I sat there, watching him play his Pokemon, stealing kisses whenever I could.  He always asks me, “Why do you love me so much?”  To which I always tell him, “Because you are so handsome, so smart, so funny, and so very sweet.”  It made my heart happy to see him laugh and play.

I had another panic attack yesterday.  I feel much better today.  ^This picture makes me smile.

Often times, it’s the simplest things that make me smile.

Like this…

I snapped this when my friend pulled over for a sec during our road trip last month.  I think it’s somewhere in Virgina and the sky looked so blue and the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man gets me every time.

or this…

They remind me of The Goodfeathers from Animaniacs…like they’re talking to each other.

My friend’s cat Dennis who insists on sleeping on this box, like the floor is dirty or something HAHA.

I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend.  I’m taking things slow today.  I should have a video up by the weekend.

I love you guys!

Your Squishy Monster 😉

34 thoughts on “Tidbits

• LESTER says:

You are welcome and thank you Angie. Cats are like little mild lions and tigers. Very smart SOCIAL. Love beds, soft furniture, other things that would surprise you.lolFood left un attended( Careful of hot things like soup) I E ice cream, A kitten will HOP RIGHT IN and start eating..

• Your photos are awesome! Every single one made me smile. 😀 Especially the kitty photo, it really does look like it thinks the floor is dirty. 😛

• Yeasol says:

my youngest cousin is 7 years old too!!! He’s too cool to play with me sometimes and it makes me sad. hahaha

That is def. sad when your “big boy” gets “too big.” Breaks a persons heart, it can!

• loved the pics! especially the one of the cat in the box, soooo cute! so glad you feel better today 🙂

• Miriam says:

What a beautiful picture! You are so right, to find happy things to think about when rough days happen. Then happy days always seem to follow. Good for you!!
    Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

• Kimberly Tran says:

Hey! i was wondering if i cold still enter the contest?

• Cucina49 says:

What fun photos! I love the photo of your friend’s cat–my 17-year-old cat has a scratchpad shaped like a chaise lounge and sleeps on top of it as well.

• Sissi says:

Cats are so funny! I also remember many cats sleeping in small strange places…
    I’m happy you feel better now! Looking at such a beautiful sky makes even me feel better 🙂

• Lester says:

Angie. I am glad you are feeling a little better ..Yes just take things slow…

Cats LOVE beds! Even beds they invent , boxes, etc, lol.

Your cousin he is so cute.Nice you could have him visit now. Take care Angie. Have a great day!

I’ve never had a cat so I find myself looking at this strange creature and all of his strange cat-isms LOL. and thanks Les! you’re the best =D

• awe your cousin is SSUCCH a cutiepie! xO!

• Frank says:

Cats and their boxes crack me up.

Aww sounds like such a happy week! Your nephew is adorable!

It had its ups and downs but I’m glad today seems like a gorgeous day out!…err, maybe (thunderstorm warning for a bit later)

• Jon says:

Hey Angie,

Taking it easy is a good thing, it is important to enjoy the little things on occasion 🙂
    My wife suffers from anxiety and has panic attacks every once and a while. If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know and I’ll get you two emailing I know that you guys would get along and she is a good listener 🙂

I’m looking forward to your next video as always. Take care.

Thanks, Jon! I really appreciate your thoughts. I’m trying to take things one day at a time (which is something that’s difficult for me to achieve, lol).

• mizushui8836 says:

Hehe, it’s good to make sure that such a young kid knows that he is loved. You will make a great mom someday. 🙂

I’m sorry that you have panic attacks. I hope they pass quickly.. ?

I loved the Goodfeathers, they made for an interesting part of that show! Even though the “new guy” with the big grin bugged me with all his talking and narrative thinking, haha. I can see how that scene looks like the Goodfeathers.

Cats love to pick a favorite spot to sleep.. I have a cat named Tiny who prefers to sleep on my shoulder.. Yes, I said my SHOULDER, haha!

That is so incredibly sweet!!!

I hope so too.

They just don’t make ’em like they used to anymore. I’ve been getting really into Bob’s Burgers lately, lol.

and THAT is too cool! =D

• Blond Duck says:

I used to have panic attacks in college…not fun! Isn’t it wonderful how kids and animals make you remember what’s important? Joy! 🙂

• I have a box I like to sleep on too!
    it’s a little smaller than that box though.

I had a panic attack once, there wasn’t enough bacon for everyone. freaked me out!!!

take it easy…make sure you breathe ,and keep plenty of bacon stockpiled just in case.

if you need anything I’ll be in the barn.

• aw yay, i’m glad you got to spend time with your cousin! i love family time:)

• CCU says:

Awww such a big 7 year old – too cute 😉
    I’m sorry about the attack but well done for getting back on with admiring the small things in life 🙂