Honey Banana Bread
When I was a kid, we’d smash together 2 pieces of white bread with a thick smear of honey and stuff it all with sliced bananas. Now as an “adult,” I tend to gravitate towards more responsible whole grains but this bread just gives me plenty of reason to reminisce and happily nosh on one of my favorite childhood treats (not to mention, it makes a killer breakfast with or without a generous helping of nutella)!
- 3 brown-ish bananas
- ½ c pure honey
- 1 ts pumpkin spice
- 2 c unbleached flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- ½ ts fine salt
- 1 ts flax seed powder
- 2 room temperature eggs
- ¾ c sugar (brown works well here too)
- ½ c veggie or canola oil
- ½ c whole plain yogurt
- 2 ts pure vanilla
- Optional: toasted walnuts
- In a small bowl, roughly mash your bananas with your honey and spice.
- In bowl number one, sift together your flour, soda, salt, and flax.
- In bowl number two, beat together your eggs and sugar.
- Add in your oil and yogurt then your vanilla.
- Lastly, add in your bananas.
- Slowly combine bowls one and two in 3 separate additions, taking care not to over beat.
- Grease/line a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
Love ya, honey!
Your Squishy Monster ^.~