Korean Stir Fried Chicken Dakgalbi 닭갈비
Chicken? Check. Veggies? Check. Rice cakes? Check. Delicious sweet and spicy sauce? Check.
If the above sounds appealing to you at all, you’ll be in love with this Korean marinated chicken dish that offers a little bit of everything. It totes a variety of flavors and textures and comes together as a complete meal under an hour and you probably already have everything, save the rice cakes so why not give this one a try?
- 1½ lbs chicken
- 4 tb Korean red pepper paste
- 2 tb Korean red pepper flakes
- 2 tb soy sauce
- 1 tb sesame oil
- ½ tb curry powder
- 1 tb minced garlic
- 1 ts minced ginger
- 2 tb honey
- Optional: 2 tb sake
- Sesame oil
- 2 c veggies of your choice (I used zucchini, onions, bell peppers, Korean peppers, cabbage, carrots and scallions but sweet potatoes and sesame leaves are nice too).
- 1½ c rice cakes (or plain ramen noodles if you can’t find rice cakes)
- ½ c chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine your chicken, paste, flakes, soy, sesame, curry, garlic, ginger, honey, and sake (if using) and massage everything together.
- In a separate bowl, steep your rice cakes in water. Set both bowls aside for 30 minutes.
- Begin stir frying your veggies in sesame oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. You only want to begin to soften them.
- Lay your marinated chicken on top of your veggies along with your drained rice cakes. Give everything a toss with the stock/water and cook until the rice cakes are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
Wishing everyone a very happy weekend…
Your Squishy Monster ^.~