Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
I’ve begun my festivities early as I’ll be spending Sunday with the family watching traditional Korean fan dances, (true story). I took these over to a get together yesterday and they were a hit so my test panel agrees that you should totally try these
- 1 c unbleached flour
- 1½ ts baking powder (not soda)
- ¼ ts fine salt
- 6 tb melted unsalted butter
- ¾ c sugar
- 3 room temperature egg whites
- ½ c room temperature whole buttermilk*
- Zest/juice of one lime
- 1½ tb tequila**
- ¼ c strawberry puree**
- 1 c unsalted room temperature butter
- 2 c- 2½ c sifted powdered sugar
- 1-2 tb heavy cream
- 2 tb tequila
- Zest of 1 lime
- Coarse salt/limes for garnish
- In a bowl, sift together your flour, powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together your butter and sugar.
- Add in your whites one at a time.
- Slowly pour in your buttermilk then zest/juice your lime.
- Splash in your tequila.
- Add your puree.
- In 3 separate additions, begin sprinkling in your “dry bowl” to your “wet bowl.” Just mix to combine (do not over mix).
- Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip up your frosting.
- Break up your butter and slowly add your powdered sugar.
- Splash in a bit of cream and tequila and keep checking the consistency.
- Add in your zest and more powdered sugar as needed.
- When your cakes are cooled, frost (I used a 2D Wilton tip) and sprinkle with a bit of coarse salt and add a lime wedge.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Cinco de Mayo!
Your Squishy Monster ^.~