I love cheesecake and I don’t discriminate.
Today, I’m bringing you all the flavor of cheesecake without all the muss and fuss. I introduce the cheesecake cookie.
- 1 c unbleached flour
- ¼ ts baking powder
- Pinch of fine salt
- 5 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 6 tb room temperature butter
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- Optional: chocolate chips/melted chocolate*
- In the first bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the second bowl, break up the cream cheese and butter and cream it together with the sugars for 3-5 minutes.
- Blend in the egg.
- Add the zest and vanilla.
- Combine the first and second bowl carefully in 2-3 separate additions. Be mindful not to over mix.
- If time allows, chill the dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Your Squishy Monster ^.~