11 Ways to Self Care – Sacred Self Care
1. Go for a long meditative walk. Disconnect from your electronics and tune into the sounds, sights and smells of nature. It is imbued with an abundance of negative ions that can help elevate your mood and overall well being.
2. Tend to a space in nature. You can dig up weeds, plant something new or simply water a plant. Dig your hands into the dirt. I promise you it’s therapeutic.
3. Dry brush. Take your time, be thorough and go slow. Afterwards, really luxuriate in your favorite moisturizer and give yourself a mini massage.
4. Clear time in your busy schedule for significant time to unwind. Visiting a sauna/steam room is enormously beneficial and can clear tension and toxicity from both your mind and body. It’s also a great place to mediate/relax. If you can’t get to a sauna/steam room, try an at-home facial steam with a bowl of hot water infused with your favorite herbs. Feel blessed to have this time and space.
5. Give yourself a mask and/or a facial massage. I like the DIY aspect of this because it costs so little and you can do it anytime. You deserve it.
6. Laugh with loved ones. Learn to step away, pause and take deep cleansing breaths. Sometimes when this proves to be difficult, even watching cute/silly animal videos/memes can actually help shift your focus.
7. Mindfully enjoy a plate of fresh organic fruits or veggies and feel it nourish your body. Give thanks.
8. Practice yoga, meditation and/or regular digital detoxes. If these don’t appeal to you, start small with deep stretches. Focus on your breathing and inhale through your nose and exhale out of your mouth.
9. Assert your needs in all situations and trust your gut. You’ll be glad you did.
10. Increase your awareness of yourself and your surroundings. Boost your self talk. Strengthen your personal affirmations. Act with intention. Honor yourself.
11. Take guilt free rest days.