Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
It’s definitely strawberry pickin’ season around here and after making my jam, strawberry cake, and strawberry ice cream, I found myself still greedily returning back to our local strawberry farm, clutching a basket to stuff it with more. Needless to say, it’s been a strawberry party everyday. Another one of my favorite ways to enjoy fresh berries is by muddling them into fresh lemonade. As I took a sip in between my recent strawberry flurry, I decided then and there that I’d like to bake this sweet and tart flavor up into a cookie. A quick poke around the net yielded pre-mixed box cake recipes which is all fine and dandy but this recipe blends in real crushed strawberries and the high note of pulpy, juicy lemons.
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4-6 crushed strawberries
- 2 c unbleached flour
- ¼ ts fine salt
- ¼ ts baking powder
- ¼ ts baking soda
- ½ c powdered sugar
- In the first bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the egg and add the zest and juice.
- Blend in the crushed strawberries. I personally enjoy chunks, which also prevents the batter from being too wet.
- In the second bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add the second bowl into the first. Mix just to combine to avoid over mixing.
- Scoop out dough and roll into the powdered sugar. The more you pack on, the more of a “crackle” look you achieve later.
- Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes.
Your Squishy Monster ^.~