Kimchi Soba/Buckwheat Noodles 비빔국수
This is actually what I had for dinner twice this week. It comes up so quickly, it’s fast, delicious, and easy. Also, it’s great because I almost always have kimchi on hand. Mama used to make this for us with somen but I really like the texture of the soba. I’m a big ole’ weirdo and am fascinated with the most mundane things when it comes to food. I really like how shiny these noodles are. They almost look like shiny acorn jelly straws or something (yes, I 100% fully admit my weirdness).
This is what they look like pre-cooked (just in case you’re not familiar with buckwheat noodles)
They’re super inexpensive…the place I go to has them for not even $4 and 1 bundle does it for me each time so they last forever!
This is what you’ll need:
Kimchi Soba Noodles
Author: The Squishy Monster
- 1 bundle buckwheat noodles (soba)
- ¼-1/2 c roughly chopped kimchi in its Juice (how much depends on you)
- 1 tb red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1½ ts sesame oil
- 1 ts sesame seed
- 1 ts sugar
- Boil your noodles according to the package. Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine everything together. Use the heat of your hands to melt and press the sauce into your noodles.
- You should have a beautifully coated hot pink sauce.
Optional: Grilled Fish/Chicken/etc, chopped Green Onions, Minced Garlic, Rice Vinegar
I promise to let up with the kimchi now…just had to squish this in there because they’re really that awesome. So easy a baby could do it (maybe).
Your Squishy Monster