Best of Island Life – St. Croix 3 Years Later
Hi there, it’s been awhile! Today’s video explains why that is.
We’ve now been on our little rock for over 3 years. After 3 moves and 2 category 5 hurricanes, we are still here and celebrating LIFE! This weekend, we celebrated with a variety of live music, Mardi Croix, our new local brewery, and a hike to the Tidal Pools. Today’s video also features some of our favorite people + animals and I share some of my all time favorites like what I’m currently growing in my garden, my go-to beautifying and nurturing smoothie recipe, and hacks to being the best version of myself!
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 tablespoons baobab powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax, soaked chia and/or raw hemp seeds
- 1.5 cups frozen packed moringa leaves - or 2 cups frozen packed greens of choice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated turmeric and ginger
- 2 frozen spotty brown bananas
- 2 cubes frozen passionfruit/lilikoi or fruit of choice
- Blend everything together.
- For a smoother texture, blend the coconut water, baobab, flax/chia/hemp, greens and turmeric and ginger first. When creamy, add in the fruit and blend again. Add more liquid if you desire a thinner consistency.
Here’s my superfood smoothie guide and a how to on homemade baobab powder.