Soybean Soup Doenjang Jjigae 된장찌개
Whether you’re sick, or cold, this is a perfect little bowl of soothing soup that can be put together in a flash. If you can cut up veggies, you can certainly be 15 minutes away from enjoying this on a chilly day with a hot bowl of steamed rice and refreshing kimchi!
- 2 c cold, filtered Water boiled with 2 ts dried baby shrimp or anchovies
- Asian zucchini
- Firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 green onion
- 2 tb fermented soybean paste
- S & P to taste
- Optional: baby clams
- Bring your water + shrimp/anchovies to a fierce boil (for about 20 min)
- Drain your stock and drop in your paste and garlic. Allow the heat to melt it into your stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- Tumble in your veggies (save the tofu and green onions)
- When it's nicely hot and bubbly, dunk in your pieces of tofu and scatter your green onions over.
Your Squishy Monster ^.~