Peanut Butter Jelly Cookies
The comical bit is that me and my college roomie used to say this to each other when we were at a party that we found to be dull. We would either whisper it in each others ear as we walked past or we’d mouth it to each other across the room and on to the next one we’d go. That’s what “peanut butter jelly time” meant then.
Today, for the 26 year old me (for those of you who wanted to know) her ears perk up because it means cookies.
I’ll be 27 next month…wasn’t I just in college? :/ Ah, I digress…
- 1¼ c unbleached/unbromated flour
- ½ ts baking powder
- ¼ ts baking soda
- ¼ ts fine salt
- 1 stick softened, unsalted butter
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ½ c packed brown sugar
- 1 c non-hydrogenated peanut butter*
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 tb whole milk
- 1 ts pure vanilla extract
- Sift the first four of your dry ingredients together into your first bowl.
- In your second bowl, begin creaming together your butter and sugars.
- Still focusing on your second bowl, spoon in your peanut butter.
- Crack in your egg, then your milk and vanilla.
- Slowly sprinkle your first bowl into your second bowl–in about 3 separate additions or so. Be mindful not to overmix.
- Scoop dough with an ice cream scoop, flatten with slightly damp hands and press an indentation with your thumb into the centers. Fill crevices with jelly.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.
I betchya the kids in your life would LOVE coming home to these after school.
Try it and let me know
Your Squishy Monster ^.~