This is my absolute favorite way to eat Squid. It’s what I remember Dad eating for Dinner–heck, Breakfast and Lunch too (who am I kidding)?
It’s something so familiar to me that it long ago lost its novelty. This version is the way I grew up eating it. It’s my number one contender to the oh-so-familiar fried variety.
My personal belief is that this is best served super Spicy & super Garlicky. I am certain I am the minority on that
- Thawed whole Squid
- Medium Yellow Onion (any sweet Onion works well)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves (I’m obsessed with Garlic so if it were up to me, I’d throw in 10), lol
- 1-2 ts of Sesame Oil
- 3 tb of Red Pepper Paste (Gochugaru)
- 2 ts of Sugar, Honey, or Agave
- S & P to taste
- Refer to my video to see how to clean, skin, and prepare your Squid.
- Glaze your pan with Sesame Oil and toss in your Onions and Garlic.
- Slide in your Squid.
- Spoon in your Paste.
- Stir to combine.
- Drizzle in your sweetener, Salt and Pepper and you’re done (because Squid cooks a lot like Shrimp which is very quickly)
Optional: Sesame Seeds, Red Pepper Flakes, Scallions.
Copyright © 2012 The Squishy Monster is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at: thesquishymonster.com/contact-me.