For me, September means my birthday, kids going back to school, and the transition into my favorite season, Autumn. Here, near the Blue Ridge Parkway and surrounding, the leaves are unreal. The vibrant foliage makes me feel like Pocahontas singing “Colors of the Wind.” Autumn conjures up the memory of pumpkin spice lattes, spicy baked yummies, and soft fuzzy scarves. Despite happily anticipating Autumn, it’s bittersweet to watch Summer go. No more frolicking in the water and snow cones and slushies galore. So come celebrate the last bits of Summer with me and send it off with a hoooorah!
- 1½ c graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ c sugar
- 6 tb melted butter
- 3 blocks soft cream cheese
- 1 c pureed mango
- 1 c sugar
- 2 tb flour
- 1 ts pure vanilla extract
- 3 room temperature eggs
- For the crust, press everything together into a spring form pan that’s been wrapped in foil. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling, begin by straining your mango through a fine mesh sieve. Then, cream together your cream cheese and mango.
- Add your sugar, tip in your vanilla, then, your flour. Be mindful not to over beat. A few lumps are ok.
- Add in your eggs, one at a time.
- Pour your filling into your prepared crust. Lay it into a larger baking dish and fill half way up the sides with hot water to create a water bath.
- Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.
- Allow your cheesecake to cool completely and refrigerate overnight.
Your Squishy Monster ^.^