Kimchi Bulgogi Quesadillas
In my house, we always have Kimchi. If not anything else, I’m at least rich in Kimchi. Taste buds dragging? Craving heat? Zombie apocalypse? Come to my house. I can feed you Kimchi!
So one day, as I stood with my head in the fridge, eying all this bountiful glorious Kimchi, I wondered how I could slip it into something else to eat something more and this is how these quesadillas were born. I for one, am not a huge fan of just cheese quesadillas. Something about it seems so lonely and it leaves me wondering about more so if you’re willing to be adventurous and try something new with me, c’mon!
- 2 c flour
- ½ ts salt
- ¾ c water
- 3 tb oil
- 2 ribeyes
- ½ Asian Pear (or Bosc or Fuji apple)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion halved
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 2 tb sesame oil
- 2 tb brown sugar
- 2 ts sesame seed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- S & P
- To make your tortillas, sift together all your dry ingredients and begin adding in your water and oil. Knead for 10 minutes, rest for 10 minutes.
- Portion your dough out into 8 pieces and roll our thing circular sheets (they don't have to be perfect).
- Take each one and toast/cook them on a greased skillet. They're ready to turn when they slightly bubble and turn golden brown.
- Thinly slice your steak (popping it in the freezer to firm a bit aids in this process).
- In a food processor, blend together your pear, garlic and half your onion.
- In a bowl, whisk together your soy, sesame oil/seeds, and brown sugar. Add in your blended pear/garlic/onions.
- Massage this marinade into your meat, top with your green onions and the other half of your sliced onion.
- Marinade for at least an hour (the longer it sits the better).
- Allow your meat to come to room temperature before grilling and cook off in small batches (you don't want it to steam).
- To assemble your quesadillas, lay down your meat on a tortilla, tuck on your chopped kimchi, and sprinkle liberally with cheese. Place another tortilla on top and grill (just to melt the cheese).
Love & a delicious zombie apocalypse,
Your Squishy Monster ^.~