Pomegranate Braised Ribs
Pomegranate arils always remind me of rubies and the fact that they’re edible is just a plus in my book. Though I’m strange and always crave ice cream in the Winter, I also enjoy a nice comforting stick-to-the-ribs sort of meal like this one. It’s much easier than one would think as most of the time it spends is in the oven making itself all fall off the bone delicious.
- 2 lbs short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tb butter
- 2 c pomegranate juice
- 2 c dry red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- optional: sprig of fresh thyme
- Set out your meat about 20 minutes before you use them.
- Rinse and pat each rib dry and dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan slicked with oil, dredge each side to develop a golden brown crust.
- Set aside and in the same pan, soften your veggies with the butter. Dribble in a bit of wine to deglaze the pan.
- In a baking dish, combine everything together and bake for 3-3½ hours at 350 until the meat is fall off the bone tender.
- Serve with polenta/potatoes/rice
Some people “pre-game” before a night out. I like to “pre-eat” before an actual dinner so I’m off to sneak another bowl before actual dinner.
Love & gluttony 😉
Your Squishy Monster ^.~