Puffy Pumpkin Cookies
Have you ever gravitated towards a beautifully decorated cookie only to find the cookie to be dry, crumbly and tasteless? These puffy pumpkin cookies are here to ensure that never happens again. They rise up soft and tender with the rich golden taste of real pumpkin spiked with spices baked right in.
- 1½ c unbleached flour
- ½ ts baking powder
- ½ ts fine salt
- 1 tb pumpkin spice
- 4 tb soft, unsalted butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1 ts pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ c whole ricotta
- ⅓ c pumpkin puree
- In the first bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spice.
- In the second bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla then the ricotta and puree.
- Combine the first and second bowl in thirds. Don’t over mix.
- Gather the dough into a log and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (ideally overnight).
- If you find the dough to be too sticky, knead with a little flour then, on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into ¼” thickness. I find rolling directly on plastic wrap/parchment/silpat makes this easier. Remember to dust your hands, roller, cutters and surface with flour.
- Cut into desired shapes, place onto wax/parchment and chill for an additional 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Your Squishy Monster ^.~