The Worlds Biggest Truffle!
Not, really, lol.
But, this little baby here tastes like a big ole’ Truffle. It’s the Flourless Bourbon Chocolate Cake that I shared with everyone at YT and here’s how to make it:
- 8 oz of Semi/Bittersweet Chocolate
- 8 oz of Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter
- 1/2 c Brewed Coffee
- 1 c Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 scraped Vanilla Bean (or 1 ts Vanilla Extract)
- 2-3 tb Whiskey, Bourbon, Rum…
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- In a small saucepan, melt your Butter and meld together with your Coffee.
- In a large bowl, scrape your Vanilla Bean in and slowly tip in your Butter/Coffee mixture.
- Allow the heat of this to melt your Chocolate and add those in.
- Sprinkle in your Sugar.
- Throw in a pinch of Salt.
- In a slow and steady stream, add in your Eggs.
- Whisk everything into a smooth mixture.
- Lastly, tip in your Liquor (if you’re using it).
- Pour your batter into a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour (or use mini ramekins and bake for 25 minutes)
Baking this as a whole Cake takes foreeeever. 50-55 minutes! Trim down on cost by not breaking your Ramekins like I did (kllllutz) and it’ll shave down baking time by half! If you have to bake as a Cake, definitely take heed to the advice of cooling it in the freezer/fridge for easier handling. Wipe your serrated knife for each cut for clean slices. You may dust the top with Confectioners Sugar/Cocoa Powder or snip the edge off a Ziplock bag and drizzle Raspberry Sauce/Warmed Raspberry Jelly on top for prettier presentation =)
Copyright © 2012 The Squishy Monster is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at: thesquishymonster.com/contact-me.