Red Velvet Cheesecake
Red velvet can’t live without cream cheese frosting, so it only seemed natural to put them together in a “til death do you part” kind of way. No need for Kanye West to rally for a prenup here, it’s a match made in Heaven, if I do say so myself.
- 2 blocks (8 oz) soft room temperature cream cheese
- 1 c sugar
- 1 ts pure vanilla
- ¼ c sour cream or buttermilk
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 2 tb sifted unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ts vinegar
- 2 tb red color
- 1 c crushed cookies/crackers
- 6 tb melted butter
- Make sure your cream cheese is very soft and break it apart with your mixer. Blend together with your sugar and vanilla for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Tip in your cream/milk and slowly crack in one egg at a time. Blend well.
- Sift your cocoa and sprinkle it in.
- Pour in your vinegar and color. Blend well. Make sure not to over beat to prevent incorporating too much air.
- For the crust, press together your crumbs and butter onto the bottom of an 8" spring form pan. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely and pour in your filling.
- Wrap your pan in foil and place it in a larger dish/pan. Fill with hot water and allow it to reach half way up its side.
- Bake your cheesecake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow it to cool for at least a couple hours before setting in the fridge overnight.
Love and early Christmas cheer,
Your Squishy Monster ^.~