Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
I always feel like cheesecake. You know how your friends will ask, “whatdya feel like eating?” That’s an easy one: cheesecake. I love its pillowy bite, the way it softly crumbles when your fork slides through, the way it lays like velvet on your tongue and only ever so slowly melts away. I’m convinced there’s nothing like it. These cutie pie strawberry cheesecake bites come in a close second. It’s great for those days you don’t feel like all the hoo-haa of a real cheesecake. You can pop these portable baby bites right in your mouth and a). they’re “healthier” (though that becomes a blurred concept when you’ve eaten like 35) b). it takes mere minutes! c). theses are perfect for kids, parties, and take-alongs to virtually anywhere.
- ½ block (4 oz) cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- Melted chocolate or crushed graham crackers (optional)
- Wash & prep your berries. Take a sharp paring knife to the tops and rotate the Berry to “core or gut” it. Often, you’ll find the centers pretty hollow anyways. Cut a teeny bit of the pointed end so that your berries will sit on their own.
- In a separate bowl, cream together your softened, room temperature cream cheese (it’s very important that it’s been naturally softened, the finished product will be much smoother, not clumpy), powdered sugar, and vanilla. You can either achieve this by mashing it with the tines of a fork or taking a mixer to it. (Again, your finished product will be silkier if you take the take to sift your powdered sugar).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate or roll in crushed crackers.
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries = *drool*
Your Squishy Monster