Stuff those Balls!
So, the other day, I sat there staring into my refrigerator (which I do often), staring at a block of smoked Gouda Cheese. Oh! How lonely it sat there, untouched the entire week with no one to play with. (I know how you feel Gouda! No one would ever pick me for teams in Gym class. I was instantly dubbed “butterfingers” and mercilessly tormented). So really making these Meatballs were an act of Charity for poor ole’ Gouda Block.
Just like Cupcakes, Meatballs can make you feel special in the fact that each one you grab is all for you. (I understand that there’s no crying in Baseball? Well, there’s no sharing in your own, individual Meatball dammit)! There’s a certain air of exclusivity to that–a Gouda Stuffed Meatball Club that only the truly famished and carnivorous members can belong to.
So without further ado, here’s the stuffed balls of joy that I hope bring YOU just as much joy!
Meatballs stuffed with Gouda
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 c Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1-1 1/2 ts Worcestershire
- 1 ts Onion Powder
- 1 ts Crushed Red Pepper Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 c Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Salt, Pepper, Parsley
- Cubes of Gouda Cheese (I used 20 to double stuff 10 but if you’re making them larger or smaller, you’ll adjust how many cubes you need).
- Break up your Turkey in a large bowl.
- Add your Crumbs, Worcestershire, Onion Powder, Flakes, Cheese, Salt, Pepper, and fresh Parsley.
- Work the mixture with your hands, being mindful of not overworking the Meat.
- Crack in a beaten Egg.
- Take large spoonfuls of your Meat mixture and press an indentation with your thumb.
- Slip in a cube or two of Gouda and press to seal.
- Chill your Meatballs in the fridge for 20 minutes if you have the patience (or not).
- Fry them in batches in Canola or Veggie Oil.
Copyright © 2012 The Squishy Monster is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at: thesquishymonster.com/contact-me.